As Senior Computational Imaging Researcher, you have expertise and the ability to make novel research contributions in computational photography, computer vision and machine learning.
You will be a key part of a team that develops state-of-the-art solutions for digital cameras found in mobile devices and computer vision systems.
We interact with most of the world’s largest smartphone vendors and automotive component manufacturers. Your work at Algolux could end up in your next smartphone or car… and those of millions of others!
- Formulate and develop image quality evaluation methods tailored for end uses, from setting up lab measurements all the way to field testing by way of statistical and numerical analysis.
- Develop optimization methods for complex imaging systems.
- Develop and adapt computational photography and computer vision algorithms.
- Develop IP. File patents.
- Write deployable code and perform methodological and functional code reviews.
- Build compelling demos.
- Guide the engineering team’s productization of research results.
- PhD or Masters in computational imaging, color science or related field.
- Track record of relevant publications in top-tier conferences and journals (SIGGRAPH, ICCV, CVPR etc.) and/or significant industry experience working as a member of a camera/vision research team.
- Experience tuning digital camera systems (sensors and ISPs).
- Three As (AF, AE, AWB) and color management.
- Image/video quality KPI (Key Performance Indicators) expertise.
- Image processing library development.
- Python programming.
- General C++ development and code optimization.
- Machine learning expertise.
- Optimization expertise.
- Agile development with Git, Bitbucket, pull requests etc.
- Competitive compensation including stock options.
- Full benefits.
Based in Montreal, Algolux enables autonomous vision – empowering cameras to see more clearly and perceive what cannot be sensed with today’s imaging and vision systems. Computer vision is at the heart of autonomous cars, ADAS, mobile devices, security cameras (IoT), AR/VR, robotics, drones, and medical equipment, leading the next wave of market growth and social impact. Developed by an industry-recognized team of machine learning, computer vision, and image processing researchers, our patented machine-learning technologies address the complexity of optimizing imaging and vision systems while improving the costs, time-to-market, and expertise challenges faced by product development teams.
Please direct all relevant material (CV, cover letter, etc.) and/or questions to:
Paul Boucher, VP Research & Development