Linux System Administrator
Montreal, QCSTART YOUR APPLICATION
Algolux is a globally recognized computer vision company addressing the critical issue of safety for advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous vehicles. Our machine-learning tools and embedded AI software products enable existing and new camera designs to achieve industry-leading performance across all driving conditions. Founded on groundbreaking research at the intersection of deep learning, computer vision, and computational imaging, Algolux has been repeatedly recognized at industry and academic conferences and has been named to the 2021 CB Insights AI 100 List of the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence startups.
As an IT System Administrator, you will be reporting to the IT manager. You will work with a team that provides industry-leading technology at the intersection of AI, computer vision, and computational imaging. We address mission-critical requirements for the automotive autonomous vehicle and robot, and surveillance markets that are moving at an incredible pace of innovation across the globe.
Automation is at the heart of solving most of our challenges. We interact with most of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and imaging component providers. Your work at Algolux could end up in your next car … and those of millions of others!
Your main responsibility is to keep the computing environments running smoothly and efficiently at our different locations. You will have to monitor the software and network infrastructures for any problems and proactively implement new IT processes and architectures in support of business requirements.
As a sysadmin, you will act mostly as a second-level support resource for employee requests and issues raised. You will interact with employees from all departments and levels, some without advanced technical skills, and you must be able to communicate patiently and effectively.
This position offers great learning opportunities to work with bleeding-edge technology and be part of an expert team working in our fast-growing company.
- Maintain/monitor computing and networking infrastructures
- Troubleshoot servers, desktop, and laptop.
- Triaging and responding to requests from users
- Maintain procedures and tasks documentation
- Design and implement new IT processes and architectures in support of business requirements
- Deliver on IT roadmap projects under your responsibility in a timely and efficient manner
- College diploma in a related field or an equivalent combination of education
- 5 years of experience in a Linux System Administrator role.
- Bilingual – French and English (spoken and written) is mandatory to support Algolux team members around the world.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu administration
- Good knowledge of network management and troubleshooting in a multi-site configuration
- Experience troubleshooting high-level software and hardware problems.
- Experience with monitoring platforms, e.g. Zabbix, ELK stack, etc
- Experience in Windows Active Directory infrastructure
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible (or similarly Chef, Puppet, or Salt)
- After hours and weekend availability to work on a rotating “on-call” schedule.
- Experience with queuing systems
- Experience with large scale storage infrastructure
- Familiarity with a collaborative platform like GitLab
- Experience with Python
- Experience in Google suites, Office 365
- Experience in MacOS system administration
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results.
- Show availability and willingness to go above and beyond whenever it is possible.
- The ideal candidate is dependable, conscientious, and self-motivated.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Planning skills