Senior C/C++ Driver Developer
Montreal, QCSTART YOUR APPLICATION
Algolux is a globally recognized computer vision company addressing the critical issue of safety for advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous vehicles. Our machine-learning tools and embedded AI software products enable existing and new camera designs to achieve industry-leading performance across all driving conditions. Founded on groundbreaking research at the intersection of deep learning, computer vision, and computational imaging, Algolux has been repeatedly recognized at industry and academic conferences and has been named to the 2021 CB Insights AI 100 List of the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence startups.
As a Senior C/C++ Driver Developer, you will contribute to the development of Deep Learning based Computer Vision systems by integrating image capture software into on a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with a proven ability to write production-quality code and who is comfortable collaborating with the R&D team.
- Integrating or porting Computer Vision and/or image processing software stack
- Develop and debug end user image pipeline applications
- Participate in the design of Computer Vision software infrastructure that:
- Supports a variety of computing platforms and AI accelerators (such as PCs, embedded devices, CPUs, GPUs and VPUs)
- Leverages the power of existing Neural Network inferencing frameworks like TensorRT, OpenVINO, TensorFlow, etc.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to junior team members.
- Experience with kernel and/or driver level code where register access (read/write) is performed
- Experienced and comfortable dealing with technical / project uncertainty.
- Pragmatic approach with a make it work attitude.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills:
- Mastery of modern C++ standards (C++11 or more recent).
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented software design patterns, and their implementation in C++.
- Comfortable using language features like STL, smart pointers, move semantics, templates, etc.
- Experience with debugging and using tools such as gdb, lldb, valgrind, etc.
- Experienced with cross-platform build systems, like CMake.
- 3+ years of experience developing under a linux environment
- Experience working in a collaborative work environment:
- Familiarity with agile development practices such as Scrum.
- Comfortable using collaborative development tools such as GitLab and Jira.
- Ability to adhere to company coding standards.
- Willingness to participate in code review processes.
- At least 5 years of industry work experience as a Software Developer.
- Proven dedication for writing production-quality code that is robust, efficient, portable, maintainable, and bug-free.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Automotive or Embedded Platforms, such as NVIDIA Drive/Jetson AGX.
- Good knowledge of Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.